MUSCLE SYNERGY POWDER
NEW Muscle Synergy
"Powdered Drink Mix" Formula
Ingredients in BI's Muscle Synergy supplement technology have been the focus of over 300 scientific studies, based on the latest estimates. Here's just a small sample of the positive results reported:
* 300% greater increases in lean mass and strength from resistance exercise vs. subjects taking a placebo
* 5-10% increases in training volume
* 200% greater increases in VO2max than subjects taking a placebo
* Increases in bench press 1-RM of up to 45% (equivalent to increasing your bench press from 280-406 lb, a 126-lb difference)
* Increases in lean mass of 4.2 lb in only 3 weeks
* 22% decrease in the area of the fat covering the thigh in 70-yr-old subjects vs. a 15% increase in thigh fat area in subjects taking a placebo (this ingredient works as well in older subjects as younger ones)
* Increased ability to tolerate high-intensity exercise even in the face of high blood lactate concentrations
* Decreases in body fat percentage of 1.5% or more
* Increases in lean mass of 0.9% and retention of 500% more strength in subjects whose arm was immobilized in a cast as compared to subjects taking a placebo. Subjects who got the placebo experienced a 3.7% loss of lean mass in their casted arm.
*Complete prevention of training-induced increases in a common marker of muscle cell damage vs. a 43% increase in the same marker in subjects taking a placebo.
* Lower levels of training-induced muscle soreness
* Faster recovery of muscle strength following high-intensity exercise
* Greater decreases in myostatin levels than produced by resistance exercise alone (higher myostatin levels are associated with reduced muscle growth)
* Stimulation of satellite cells (a type of stem cell essential for muscle repair and growth at all ages)
* Protection of muscle mass from the decaying effects of aging (sarcopenia)
* Restoration of muscle mass caused by muscle-wasting conditions
* Positive effects on mood
* Muscle Synergy also contains a frequently overlooked amino acid that represents 1/3 of the amino acid content of collagen, the major protein of connective tissue. Connective tissue not only contributes to muscle size, but it also bears the bulk of every load that you lift at the gym and in everyday life.
* Muscle Synergy contains a combination of amino acids confirmed by some of the world's leading scientists to increase nitric oxide (NO) synthesis and vasodilation, the most critical determinant of the pump. (This combination works better than the NO precursor arginine alone!)
* An amino acid derivative that you can't get enough of from the diet, even if you were to consume 6 protein shakes a day providing a whopping 360 g of protein!
* And much more...
Never Before Told: The Muscle Synergy Story
In the spring of 2001 at BI headquarters in Cold Spring, Kentucky, the company's product development scientists began asking themselves some probing questions. The answers they uncovered allowed them to close in on four factors that interact to critically determine the strength of the average muscle-building signal being transmitted inside your muscle cells at any moment of the day, whether you'e exercising or lying on the couch.
BI's scientists realized that the four factors they isolated interacted, and these interactions are synergistic. This meant that if the interactions could be enhanced the results could be dramatic, potentially explosively so. That's the power of synergy. No nutrient is capable of enhancing every interaction, certainly not maximally. Thus, a combination is required. After testing various formulas, one emerged victorious. In 2002 the supplement technology known as Muscle Synergy was released. It remains one of BI's most successful products ever.
"[Muscle Synergy] is the most effective product I've used, I get an awesome pump and gain lean muscle mass. Even in the final stages of my pre-contest diet my strength is still peaked and my recovery time is awesome...definitely worth trying!!"
"...began taking 8 tablets the first week then increased my dose to 16 tablets for weeks 2-8. I was at a plateau for the previous 3 months. In 8 weeks I went from 182 lb and 15% body fat to 192 lb and 14% body fat. My upper leg increased in circumference by 1" and my bench press went from 285 lb to 315 lb. This is the most growth I have had at any time in my history. The only change was Muscle Synergy."
Four Factors. Acting in Synergy
Damage control, loss prevention, work capacity and pump. These four factors and the synergistic interactions between them are what BI's product development scientists set out to help users of all ages and training backgrounds maximize with a single supplement technology. Accomplishing this required a unique combination of ingredients never before assembled for this explicit purpose.
To help it stay ahead of trend, BI is constantly in touch with scientists at university research centers around the world -Spain, New Zealand, England, Japan, Italy, Israel, Canada, China, United States, Australia and more. The fascinating insights these scientists have revealed, coupled with the stream of testimonials from happy BI customers, confirms that Muscle Synergy is one of the most well thought-out supplement technologies available.
Figure 1. The Four Factors enhanced by Muscle Synergy supplement technology. All four factors interact synergistically to determine your average muscle-building signal strength.
* Damage Control (Factor 1): Whether you're training for the first time ever, coming back from a layoff, or trying a different workout approach on for size (literally or figuratively), it involves a period of adjustment during which muscle damage and soreness, loss of performance, delayed recovery and impaired muscle-building signal production can result. With ingredients clinically proven to safely and powerfully enhance damage control, Muscle Synergy can ease or shorten the length of your adjustment period, accelerate recovery, keep your motivation higher and amplify gains.
* Loss Prevention (Factor 2): Muscle is hard to gain and easy to lose at any age. Even 3 days off from training can raise levels of the muscle-building signal "blocker", myostatin. In 10 days, half of training-induced muscle gains can be lost. Losses like these aren't abnormal. They're a fact of life. But they can be reduced or prevented with help from ingredients in Muscle Synergy. One of them is so powerful it increased lean mass in the arm of subjects wearing a cast!
* Work Capacity (Factor 3): Work capacity refers to how much force your muscles can generate over a given period of time. Like poor damage control and loss prevention, a low work capacity reduces your ability to generate strong muscle-building signals. It also means you can't burn as many calories or lose as much fat while working out. The list of complications stemming from a low work capacity is a long one indeed.
* Pump (Factor 4): The pump is perhaps the most critical determinant of muscle-building signal strength. Its underlying components help maintain your muscle mass far beyond the gym, however. By supporting vasodilation, nitric oxide (NO) production, and the hydration and structural integrity of your muscle cells, Muscle Synergy helps you maximize the components of the pump and boost your average muscle-building signal strength 24/7.
Don't make this mistake! (Millions do.)
Damage control, loss prevention, work capacity and pump. Millions of people overlook these four factors every day. Few are aware of their underlying components, the interactions between them and their muscle-building implications. Don't follow the herd and make the same mistake. Enhance your four factors by ordering the Muscle Synergy supplement technology today. Experience the body-transforming power of synergy.
Muscle Synergy F.A.Q.
What is Muscle Synergy?
Muscle Synergy is a dietary supplement technology consisting of a combination of nutritional ingredients selected on the basis of their ability to support four factors that synergistically interact to determine the strength of the average muscle-building signal being transmitted inside your muscle cells at any time of day, whether you are exercising or at rest.
What is the dosage form of this product?
Muscle Synergy is supplied in the form of tablets. They are intended to be swallowed with water.
How am I supposed to use Muscle Synergy?
Muscle Synergy is primarily intended for use as a dietary supplement in conjunction with high-intensity resistance and/or cardiovascular exercise. However, it can also be used to provide adjunctive nutritional support during short- or long-term layoffs from training (e.g. due to injury or work or school demands) in order to prevent or minimize muscle losses.
What is the recommended dose?
It is recommended that users of Muscle Synergy take a total of 16 tablets per day in two or more divided doses. Ideal times include upon waking up and before training.
BI recommends that athletes weighing 200 lb (91 kg) take 24 tablets daily. This recommendation is based on the results of BIs own product tests and discussions with scientists at university research centers around the world. HMB researchers with whom BI has spoken suggest that larger athletes may require higher doses of some of the key ingredients in Muscle Synergy.
What makes Muscle Synergy different from other sports nutrition products?
1. Muscle Synergy is the first supplement technology explicitly said to enhance the synergistic interactions between four factors that impact your average muscle-building signal strength during exercise and at rest. These factors are: (a) Damage Control, (b) Loss Prevention, (c) Work Capacity and (d) Pump. The ingredients in Muscle Synergy support or enhance the underlying components of each of these factors as well as the interactions between them. Because the interactions are synergistic, your results can be that much more powerful when they are enhanced, possibly explosively so.
2. Ingredients in Muscle Synergy have been the focus of over 300 scientific studies based on the latest estimates. In addition to performing their own tests on athletes, BI has discussed the formula with scientists at university research centers around the world including Spain, New Zealand, England, Japan, Italy, Israel, Canada, China, United States, Australia and more. Their revealing insights, coupled with numerous testimonials received from very satisfied Muscle Synergy users, confirm that it is one of the most well though-out supplement technologies available.
3. Muscle Synergy contains 7000 mg of arginine per serving, a dose several hundred percent greater than what is found in popular nitric oxide (NO) products. Combined with it are citrulline and ornithine. Leading scientists confirm that the combination of citrulline and arginine can increase NO production and vasodilation (pump, Factor 4) better than supplementing with arginine alone. Arginine is normally rapidly degraded by arginase, an enzyme whose activity increases the more of it you ingest. Combining citrulline with arginine can reduce or prevent these increases in arginase activity, resulting in more NO and vasodilation. Ornithine has been added to Muscle Synergy to further strengthen this synergistic effect.
4. From a manufacturing standpoint, the greatest challenge faced by BI in developing Muscle Synergy was the large amount of active ingredients in the formula. This was overcome by using a very specific blending procedure to not only ensure complete dispersion of the actives, but also reduce the amount of inactive ingredients needed to make the product viable. The end result was a tablet that contains a much larger portion of active ingredients than other products.
5. Muscle Synergy was developed using a clear coating to make it easier to swallow and cover the bitter taste of ingredients. For instance, HMB has a salty taste and the amino acids in the formula may give off a discernable odor when exposed to heat or humidity. By using a sophisticated tablet coating process wherein the coating is gently applied over an extended period of time, BI was able to avoid these problems while still ensuring that the tablet breaks down effectively in the stomach.
6. Competitive athletes, their coaches and others concerned about exposing themselves to banned substances can have peace of mind knowing that the Muscle Synergy manufacturing facility does not manufacture any stimulants or anabolic steroids. The facility comprises over 100,000 square feet and is fully licensed and registered with the New York State Board of Pharmacy, Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
7. Muscle Synergy has been fortified with glycine (1200 mg) based on the potential of this frequently overlooked amino acid to enhance damage control (Factor 1) and loss prevention (Factor 2), principally by supporting connective tissue synthesis. Besides making up a considerable portion of your muscle mass, connective tissue bears the bulk of every load you lift. Lifting weights can literally cause connective tissue proteins to be torn apart, of which collagen is the most abundant. This increases the demand for its constituent amino acids. Glycine represents about 1/3 of the amino acid residues in collagen. Like arginine, above, glycine is also used to synthesize creatine. In this way it can support work capacity (Factor 3).
What is the shelf-life of Muscle Synergy?
The results of stability studies indicate that Muscle Synergy will remain at label claim for 2 years.
What kinds of tests are performed on Muscle Synergy to ensure that it is of the highest quality that consumers expect from BI?
In addition to the above-mentioned stability tests, the technicians at the Muscle Synergy manufacturing lab perform assay testing and tests of tablet thickness, hardness, disintegration and identification.
What kinds of benefits are possible when using Muscle Synergy?
In general, users of Muscle Synergy can expect benefits that include but are not limited to:
faster recovery from training (exercise)\
larger, more rapid gains of lean muscle, strength and overall performance from training
prevention or reduction of training-induced muscle cell damage and soreness
positive effects on mood and motivation to train
increases in growth hormone (GH) release of up to 100% or more
decreases in myostatin levels
prevention or reduction of muscle losses caused by detraining or disuse
stimulation of satellite cells
protection from age-associated loss of muscle mass and functionality, known as sarcopenia
lowering of elevated cholesterol levels and blood pressure (reduction in cardiovascular risk factors)
I heard that HMB [one of the key ingredients in Muscle Synergy] only works for people who have never trained before. Im an experienced bodybuilder. Can I get anything out of Muscle Synergy?
Yes. Muscle Synergy can provide benefits to people of all ages and training backgrounds, male or female.
Dr. John Rathmacher (PhD) is an assistant professor in the Department of Animal Science at Iowa State University, the institution that licenses HMB. He has authored a number of the studies that have been published on this nutritional ingredient to date. While Rathmacher admits that trained athletes may in some cases notice benefits that are smaller in magnitude, there is still a benefit. The differences in lean mass gains have been shown to be highly significant, he says.
Dose may explain some of the variability, Rathmacher explains. Many highly trained individuals have much larger muscle mass than untrained individuals and the optimal dosage is 38 mg HMB per kg [2.2 lb] body weight. Therefore trained individuals need [much] more HMB based on body weight.
BI president Roger Riedinger has found empirically that larger athletes require larger doses of Muscle Synergy. When he personally took 32 tablets daily he achieved greater results than when he took 16. BI recommends that athletes weighing 200 lb (91 kg) take 24 tablets, yielding 4.5 g of HMB. This equates to a dose that is slightly above what Dr. Rathmacher advises.
Will Muscle Synergy help me if I take it before my workout?
BIs tests suggest that the most important factor is the total number of tablets you take each day, not so much when you take them. Because most users spread their tablets throughout the day, at least a few will normally be taken before training. This may provide a number of benefits. For instance, researchers at Florida State University who have conducted studies on HMB told BI that taking it 60 minutes pre-exercise may provide a substantial benefit in terms of speeding up recovery of muscle strength after exercise and reducing exercise-induced muscle soreness and markers of muscle damage. The researchers also suggest that loading with HMB for 2 or more weeks may enhance its performance-enhancing effects.
Muscle Synergy also contains arginine, citrulline and ornithine, mainly to enhance NO production and vasodilation. Arginine is converted into NO by an enzyme known as nitric oxide synthase (NOS). Dr. William Caldwell (PhD), a professor and chairman in the Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology at the Medical College of Georgia has studied the metabolism of arginine and citrulline and their relationships with NOS/NO extensively. He told BI that resistance exercising athletes may benefit from supplementing with these amino acids because of the increased demand for NOS substrates during their workouts.
Are all of the ingredients in Muscle Synergy safe?
Yes. Their safety has been confirmed by numerous scientific studies published in publically accessible databases such as PubMed. This is supported by discussions BI has had with scientists at university research centers around the world. To date, BI has received no reports of adverse effects from taking Muscle Synergy as recommended.
Can Muscle Synergy be used while preparing for a bodybuilding competition? What about a fitness or figure competition?
Yes (to all three). The training and dietary stresses of preparing for bodybuilding, fitness and figure competitions can make it very difficult to maintain lean muscle. Most athletes can expect to lose some muscle mass and functionality while preparing for competition, in fact.
Muscle Synergy has been strategically formulated to enhance loss prevention (Factor 2), one of four factors that synergistically interact to determine the strength of the average muscle-building signal being transmitted inside your muscle cells at any given moment, whether you're training or not.
In short, physique competitors of all kinds should look at Muscle Synergy as an exceptionally worthwhile and economical investment in their competitive future.
What happens if I stack [combine] Muscle Synergy with other BI products?
Most BI customers take more than one product. Users combining Creatine Select with Muscle Synergy, for instance, have reported highly impressive results. However, excellent benefits are also possible when combining Muscle Synergy with any of our high-quality protein supplements or weight gainers and/or a variety of other products. It depends to a large extent on your particular needs and wants.
Contact the BI customer service team for help in developing a supplement stack that will enable you to achieve your particular physique and performance goals with a minimum of difficulty. Contact information is provided below.
Where is Muscle Synergy made?
The Muscle Synergy formula was developed by BIs product development scientists at its head office in Cold Spring, Kentucky. The tablets themselves are manufactured in New York.