Hydrochloric Acid SourceDigestive Support
In the stomach, hydrochloric acid converts pepsinogen to pepsin, an enzyme that breaks down protein. Pepsin breaks down proteins into smaller, more easily absorbed substances. As people age, hydrochloric acid secretion may be reduced, which can result in decreased levels of pepsin. Without proper pepsin levels, the body has a difficult time digesting food. Betaine hydrochloride is used as a supplemental source of hydrochloric acid, which can be utilized by the stomach to produce pepsin. The combination of betaine hydrochloride and pepsin provide an excellent stomach tonic.*
Serving Size: 1 Tablet Betaine Hydrochloride 650 mg Pepsin 1:3000 165 mg
Suggested Use: 1 tablet with a meal, up to four times daily. Do not take on an empty stomach.
- What is Betaine HCl?Betaine hydrochloride facilitates the absorption of a number of nutrients, including vitamin B12. It helps the digestive system convert pepsinogen into pepsin, which then breaks down proteins into smaller, more easily absorbed substances like amino acids and peptides.
- Why is that important?As we age, hydrochloric acid secretion is reduced, which can result in a difficult time digesting proteins.
- Why does this formula have both betaine and pepsin?The betaine hydrochloride converts pesinogen to pepsins. Additional pepsin helps the body break down proteins into smaller proteins which are more easily absorbed by the body.
- When should this supplement be taken?With meals.
- Where does betaine come from?Sugar beets.*
Allergies: Contains milk. Contains no yeast, egg, gluten, soy or wheat. Contains no sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, or artificial color, flavor or fragrance.
Other Ingredients: stearic acid, microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, modified cellulose gum, and colloidal silicon dioxide.
Warning: Do not use if you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or breastfeeding. If a burning sensation is experienced, discontinue use, or use less frequently. If you have stomach or duodenal ulcers, or are taking drugs that may cause ulcers, do not take this product.Do not use if either tamper-evident seal is broken or missing. Keep out of the reach of children.Contains milk.